Palm Desert's Personal Trainer & Bootcamp Instructor

Who Is Kurt Lee Hurley


Hey… What’s up?  It’s Kurt here and because I am still getting quite a few emails and phone calls from people all over the place asking the same two questions; “Who are you? And where did you come from? As if I have just recently broken into the fitness and business coaching industries. So, I thought I would do my best and try to answer those two questions as clearly and concisely as I possibly can.

The first thing I always say is, “Google me.” I don’t mean to sound arrogant and I am sincere when I say it, but come on… We Google everything, why when it comes to doing research on hiring a personal trainer, bootcamp instructor, business coach or even verifying credibility, do we not use Google? By the way, “Kurt Lee Hurley” has more than 20,000,000 Google entries, yes…I did just write 20,000,000. So what perhaps does that mean?  Hmmm…? I’ll let you decide.

Let me say this… There are a lot of unqualified “experts” teaching your kids, your wife and your employees a whole lot of nothing. Believe me, it’s sad but true.

 Ok, back to those two mystifying questions.

To begin with, I didn’t just break into the fitness industry; nor have I just recently begun coaching businesses to great successes, no siree. I have been doing this as a profession 20 years now and have been an avid physique builder for over 35 years. In fact, I actually started lifting weights at the ripe old age of 4, which as I do the math here makes it a grand total of 42 years of exercise experience. Which also begs yet another question… Why do I NOT look like I’m approaching my 47th year? Well, plainly and simply, consistent exercise and the practice of positive, beneficial habits.

But I will get to that in a moment. First, let me digress a bit and fill in some of the details as to who I am and where I came from.

This synopsized story will actually begin with my high school working out days. As I moved to yet another school, I started my junior year about two months late and on the first day, my first class was P.E. Which actually was cool with me because I had zero inhibitions when it came to “putting up” in gym class. It also happened to be “max” day and I was so not nervous, but because I was only 5’10” 140 pounds and wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt, the coach assumed I was a weakling and placed me in the group with the nerds, wimps and stoners. I wasn’t happy, but still could care less. I mean, I was Kurt Lee Hurley, lol. Anyway, it was my turn and the spotters sized me up and placed about 100 pounds on the bar. I look at the weight, look at them and said, “I already warmed up with push-ups, you can start it at 200.” Not only did the spotters laugh, the whole class took notice, including the coach and as if I had cracked the funniest joke ever, laughed loudly in unison. I snickered and then repeated the statement. The class was not amused, but the spotters reluctantly did as I requested and then I laid back on the bench, put my hands on the bar, psyched up a bit and proceeded to rep out 20 reps with that 200 pounds as if it were only an empty bar. The whole class was stunned, absolutely speechless. How could a small, thin dude such as me do what I just did? Without hesitation the coach came up front and center and said, “How much can you do?” I looked up and said, “300, maybe 350.” “Wow!” Was his response. “How much do you weigh?” “140.” I responded. That was the day people took notice and from there on out I have always been the strongest guy I knew for my weight, even today at my age. 

Which leads me back to those two questions.

At a week shy of my 25th birthday, I (my band WildBoyz www.WildBoyz.org) signed a recording contract with an independent record label. Back then it wasn’t so cool, today, it’s the only way to go. We charted a top 100 single (I Don’t Wanna Cry No More) and had the video in rotation on MTV (which you can view on You Tube today). We appeared in most all of the trades, were well received in radio and created quite a cult following which remains today. We were loved and hated (who isn’t, right?). We toured and befriended both fans and friends alike. We never became huge, but we did make it happen. Just so you know, I am the drummer and songwriter and was also responsible for many other facets that contributed to our success. While I wrote and practiced, others were milking the fame and glory.

After the massive shift from rock to alternative, we found ourselves dinosaurs in the music industry at the age of 28. Although I continued to write, hone my craft and field some pretty lucrative “big name” offers, I knew I did not want to be a has been at 30, so I shifted gears and moved into film work, screenwriting and production .

Oh, FYI… I also worked as a fitness trainer and business coach all along, just so you don’t think I was goofing off.  Yes, business coach. After all I was a six-figure earner and others sought me out for mentorship. Makes sense right? Smart business owners have always hired coaches to help them build a better bottom line and not only I did contribute that expertise, I could also help them with their corporate wellness. Physical fitness and fiscal fitness is what I do and I do it pretty darn well. Remember, I have done this successfully for over 20 years now. Would you seriously hire someone without years of experience to manage your finances, perform intricate surgery on your child or build your dream home? No? Then why hire an amateur to build your dream body or dream business? Think about it.

 Back in L.A. I was able to get a SAG card, (screen actors guild) work as a paid actor and I even had my feature film (Breathing) in production, not to mention I ended up acquiring some A-list celebs as clients, as well as all-stars, rock-stars and wall street superstars. Not bad for an unknown, right?

After that I modeled, was the featured model in a massive European ad campaign and continued to build my business acumen while appearing in numerous fitness and modeling magazines.

I have always been busy, making it happen and doing well along the way.

Alrigthy, now a little about the (anti)aging process in which I am thoroughly enrolled. I am no marvel of genetics, nor am I a product of thou$and$ of dollars invested into cosmetic augmentation, restorative or corrective treatments or any surgical enhancement whatsoever. I have never even done micro-dermabrasion, Botox or anything of the like. No Restylane, no collagen, nothing. I eat right, I exercise, I drink plenty of water and I am purposely impassioned with helping others. In fact, it is my goal to help improve the lives of 1,000,000 people by the year 2021. Sure, I am aging just like everyone else, however I refuse to allow it to BEcome me, instead, I will age only as necessary and not a moment sooner, Hahaha…

Neither is it my goal to be bigger than, stronger than or be tougher than anyone else. Nope, that just isn’t me.

In my pursuit of helping others get more, do more and BE more, I have also authored a best-selling book (www.BoundlessBook.com) , 30 e-books, nearly 1,000 internationally read articles, owned 4 private training, health and wellness centers in Provo Utah (Synergy Fitness Systems, ION Fitness Center, Synergy Fit II and Hollywood Fitness Studios), 25 websites, trained over 5,000 individuals, coached 120 businesses and business owners to success, designed and marketed my own brand of ultra-premium, high orac value supplements (Neo Physis) and have had the absolute privilege of raising two beautiful children to boot. There is more, much more, but again I am not writing this to boast or brag, just to communicate a very simple message and the message is this… If you are seeking knowledge, education, application, skill-set, communication, motivation, acumen, accountability and success then do your due diligence, do what is necessary and do the research. Don’t just hire the first “expert” that comes along, ensure that they are the real-deal and by all means, make sure they are EXPERTS.

I am Kurt Lee Hurley; I am a successful, Provo personal trainer, bootcamp instructor, business and lifestyle coach and author & I am here to help you.

In Passion, Purpose And Prosperity,
Kurt 

1 comment:

  1. Kurt, I loved this article. You are one badass dude. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

We value your opinion! If you have any ideas, comments, or questions, please feel free to leave them here.