Palm Desert's Personal Trainer & Bootcamp Instructor

How To Set And Realize Your Goals – Part I


Who Are You And What Is Your Creed?


Hello, my friend…

Today’s post isn’t going to be lengthy, nor is it something to just gloss over. If you put the following exercise into action, you will find goal attainment of any sort is no longer a mystery, it will no longer be something you just read about. If put to the test, your goals will be something that you have conquered and your life will truly be of your own design, on your own terms.

Ok?

Awesome, here you go…

Take an hour and disappear. Turn off your phone, tablet, laptop and any other encumbrance. Find a quiet place to go within and openly think. Relax your mind and body, quiet your inner self and ask yourself these questions:

ü  Who am I?
ü  Why am I here?
ü  What is my purpose?
ü  Who makes me happy?
ü  What makes me come alive?
ü  What would I do today if money were no limitation?
ü  Who are my best friends and biggest influences?
ü  Why am I living where I am living?
ü  Am I on the right track to find the life I desire?
ü  Do I answer to anything higher than myself?
ü  What are my favorite hobbies and interests and am I doing them?
ü  Where would I travel to if I had a private jet?
ü  Who would I take on my trip?
ü  What books have moved me the most?
ü  What would I lay down my life for?
ü  What have I done to help the world?
ü  How much effort do I place into being who I desire to be?
ü  What does my dream life look like?

Without a creed or mission, you are destined to fail. Without recognizing your purpose, life isn’t on or for purpose, it is random and a random life leads nowhere. Happiness will always elude you and you will only experience brief moments of joy. At best, your life will appear much like life on a hamster’s wheel, only the wheel isn’t yours, it is someone else’s and you are only the hamster. A life that is lived by another’s design is not a life, it is enslavement, it is dependence on external forces and it isn’t yours. Stop fooling yourself. If your life is the way you want it, perfect…read no more, but if your life could be better, read on.

Now go even deeper, further on and plug in all your answers and create a map of what you want your life to look like, to BE like in a year, in three and in the end.

After completing this exercise, your creed will BEcome you, your mission will be crystal clear and you will BE experiencing a (re)newed energy. Your mind, your body and your inner self will BE congruent with your purpose.

What are you waiting for?

Go for it!


In Passion, Purpose And Prosperity,

Kurt Lee Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment

We value your opinion! If you have any ideas, comments, or questions, please feel free to leave them here.